Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bad Day Tees


Years ago, when I was in college and doing odd jobs for extra money, I signed up to be a substitute teacher. I wasn't interested in working just anywhere though, I worked at my old high school. My mother was a teacher there and I knew the staff and faculty, so I knew I would fit in. One thing about being a sub is that you have to get up early to be on time. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON - in general.

One morning, one of the office staff cheerfully greeted me with the traditional, "Good Morning Mike!" Without even thinking about it I replied, "If it where meant to be good, they wouldn't call it morning." That little saying stuck in my mind and I have been known to say it often in reply to someone saying Good Morning.

A few years back a friend of mine suggested I take that saying and put it on a t-shirt. I thought about it but was not sure how to do it. Recently I started referring to the work week as just different versions of Monday (Monday 1.0, Monday 2.o aka Tuesday...). Again, a friend suggested I put this on a t-shirt. I have done it! I opened a shop at Cafe Press called Bad Day Tees and bought the baddaytees.com domain to help promote my shop. If nothing else I have had fun adding products to the site and getting suggestions from friends about new sayings and items to add.

For anyone who reads this I would love to get your input and suggestions. Please browse the shop and tell me what you think. Is there some saying you always thought would look good on a t-shirt, mug, mouse pad or, dare I say it, underwear?

No comments:

Post a Comment