Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Beginning...

When I was in High School, I knew I wanted to be a writer. I started college with the express purpose of writing for a living. I majored in English, minored in communications and kept notebooks with my thoughts and ideas. Somewhere along the way I got sidetracked. I got discouraged in my writing because I saw so many people around me that I thought had more talent. I let the dream of being a writer fade and have really just drifted through life ever since.

I have worked so many different jobs and gone back to school for other degrees, some completed others not, and find myself inching back to a dream that never really died. I have no illusions that I will be writing any groundbreaking or award winning material. I have no clear goal in what I plan on writing here. What I do know is that I plan to write.

The casual observer is just what it sounds like. I am not some great mind who will focus on a topic and devote all my time to it. I will more often than not simply express my off the cuff observations on things that grab my attention. Expect me to be bitter, sarcastic, hopefully funny at times and, I hope, entertaining. I am not wanting to set myself up as some expert on a given subject but more a, well, Casual Observer who feels the need to express my personal opinion. I do not intentionally speak for others. But, I suspect, like any other writer I hope that what I have to say will speak to someone and maybe allow them to say, "That's what I'm talking about!" Then again maybe my ramblings will make others laugh. That will be just as satisfying.

It is my intention to post often, if for no other reason than to get back in the habit of writing. I value any readers opinion, even if I do not respond to it. I am not likely to edit myself here. Once I have started writing with more frequency, or on subjects that I am truly wanting to say something, then I will be more likely to review what I have written. Till then this will be more of a free writing experience.

If you decide to follow my blogs I hope you will not be disappointed. I look forward to telling you what is on my mind and do hope you enjoy it.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment